1. My uncle once: told me about liberating Buchenwald in April, 1945. He cried telling me about this. His daughter thinks that it was the only time he had ever talked about that experience. I wish I hadn't been so young and immature at the time and had made better notes, even if they were only mental notes.
7. There’s this
And just so you don't think all of my answers would be so serious:
8. Once, at a bar: someone threw a punch. The man in front of me ducked. I was hit. I threw my beer at the puncher and slapped him across the face. The entire bar broke into a fist fight. I kicked off my heels and ran. It was a dive bar; I was overdressed having just previously attended a charity fundraising event for the zoo. Only black eye I ever got in a bar. It was 20 years before I went to another zoo fundraiser. There is no correlation there. I've never been back to that bar. My husband goes there all the time. It's really a mellow laid-back place -- allegedly.
12. Next time I go to church: will be tomorrow so I can leave 11 3/4 ears of sweet corn in the refrigerator for someone to pick up. (I couldn't make this up). Some day I'll write about my grandfather teaching me how check corn for ripeness -- it would explain the missing 1/4 cob.
21. I have a hard time understanding: how people can go through life without being compassionate.
22. Take my advice: always remember to never say never -- or always.
32. The world could do without: poverty, famine, hunger. And celebrity magazines. Not that those things are anywhere near equal.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: staples. I can never find my stapler. There are always paper clips on my desk.
36. If I do anything well it’s: sleep, according to my son. When he was 6, he completed a questionnaire about his family. He said my hobby was sleeping. My mother, who had supervised his homework that evening, made him erase it. I told her it was better than if he had written sleeping around. Mother didn't like my comment. Child didn't like being told to fix his homework. (He didn't).
37. And by the way: I wish I knew what the last 3 items on this meme were, but I doubt that I would have completed them. You can find the other 27 items at Charlotte's Web.