Pages

24 November 2006

A Hell of a Good Blog...Let's Go

Since I seem to be on something of a poetry kick the last few days....I thought I'd recommend Riley Dog.

If you haven't checked out Riley Dog before, take a few minutes to do so now.
(WARNING: you might find you will spend more than just a few minutes!)

Each day Steve presents an excerpt from an original piece of writing (poetry or prose) and an original piece of artwork. Each has a link to the author and artist. The artwork and writing are not necessarily meant to go together, although, strangely, I think they often do. Perhaps that is the power of suggestion/presentation -- something of a work of art in itself.

The link above will direct you to the daily main page. Here is a post from Nov 21st. I particularly like this poem "Awaiting Burial" by Sinead Morrissey, Writer-In-Residence at the Seamus Heaney Centre for Poetry at Queen's University in Belfast. You'll need to follow the link to read the entire poem -- nothing is published in it's entirety on RileyDog -- where you can read more of Morrissey's work. I've never read anything by Morrissey before, but I've added her to my wishlist now.

The tagline on RileyDog is "Listen: there's a hell of a good universe out there. Let's go." which is from ee cummings' poem "Pity this busy monster, manunkind". With other quotes from Czesław Milosz and Jimmy Buffett, how can you resist checking this site out?

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Wow, you weren't joking when you said I might spend more than a few minutes at Riley Dog. Thanks for the link!